Our specialty: No surprises
Headquartered in Tampa for more than 25 years, Ed Taylor Construction has built or renovated thousands of commercial structures for top companies in west-central Florida and around the country accounting for well over $750 million worth of construction. We take pride in the way we build partnerships, manage the construction process, and maximize client dollars for clients of all sizes.
Previously known as Ed Taylor Construction South, the company was founded as the Florida branch of then-Atlanta-based Ed Taylor Construction. With the Atlanta branch no longer operational, Tampa’s Ed Taylor Construction dropped the “South” from the name.
Using a robust in-house computer network, we have the historical and market information we need to deliver accurate price quotes on projects. We use our team members’ deep experience, combined with the excellent work of our longstanding network of subcontractors, to deliver a high-quality facility or renovation.
- Deep experience; team members average 10-plus years at Ed Taylor.
- Accurate quotes, leveraging in-house informational database.
- Help with navigating a project’s many legal processes.
- Long-standing relationships with subcontractors.
- Numerous Florida-Licensed General Contractors, along with a LEED AP and an NCARB-licensed architect.
- Consistently recognized by NAIOP for outstanding projects.
- Insurance coverage exceeds industry norms.
- Award-winning safety record.
- In 20-plus years, we have never had a default.
Our mission is to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction by exhibiting quality, integrity and honesty in our work. We are committed to building long-term partnerships with our customers by understanding their needs, offering realistic cost-effective solutions, and always treating client dollars like our own.
- 2016 Business Observer – Top 50 Contractors
- 2016 Tampa Bay Business Journal – Tampa Bay’s Largest Private Companies
- 2016 Business Observer – Gulf Coast 500: Top Companies
- 2016 Tampa Bay Business Journal – Top General Contractors & Construction Firms
- 2016 ENR Southeast Top Contractors
- 2015 Tampa Bay Business Journal – Tampa Bay’s Largest Private Companies
- 2015 Business Observer – Gulf Coast 500: Top Companies
- 2015 ENR Southeast – Top Contractors
- 2015 Business Observer – Top 50 Contractors
- 2015 Tampa Bay Business Journal – Top General Contractors & Construction Firms
- 2014 Tampa Bay Business Journal – Top 100 Companies
- 2014 ENR Southeast Top Contractors
- 2014 Tampa Bay Business Journal – General Contractors List:
- 2014 Business Observer – Top 50 Contractors List:
- 2014 NAIOP Best of the Best – Construction Company of the Year finalist
- 2014 NAIOP Best Industrial Building – Wendover Art Group
- 2014 NAIOP Best Rehab Project – The Birchwood
- 2014 Business Observer – Gulf Coast 500: Top Companies
- 2013 AIA Tampa Bay – Contractor’s Award
- 2013 ENR Southeast Top Contractors List –
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business Journal – Top 100 Companies in Tampa Bay
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business Journal – Top 100 – Community Impact Award
- 2013 The Business Observer – Top 50 Contractors – Ed Taylor
- 2011 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Building – MicroLumen, Inc. Corporate Headquarters
- 2009 NAIOP Outstanding Rehab Building- M & I Bank Plaza
- 2005 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Building – Port Ybor Bulk Warehouse I
- 2003 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Building- Northport Phase III Buildings VII & VIII
- 2002 NAIOP Outstanding Special Use Building- Ven-Tel Plastics Corp.
- 2001 and 2002 Hughes Supply Inc.-Tampa Building Materials – Top 5 Customer
- 2001 NAIOP Outstanding Special Use Building – United Health Group
- 2001 NAIOP Broker Deal of the Year – Graybar Electric Company
- 2001 NAIOP Outstanding Special Use Facility Rehab Project – A La Carte
- 2001 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Building-Black & Decker Manufacturing Facility
- 2000 The Tampa Bay Business Journal – Tampa’s Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies- Ed Taylor # 2
- 1999 NAIOP Broker Deal of the Year Award, Industrial – Premier Beverage Build-to-Suit
- 1998 Tampa Bay Business Journal – Fast Track, Recognizing the Bay Area’s Top Guns- Ed Taylor #14
- 1998 NAIOP Outstanding Special Use Building, Public Sector – GSA-Immigration Building
- 1997 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Building, Manufacturing – Tropical Sportswear International, Inc.
- 1996 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Building, Distribution Center – BT Office Products International Building.
- 1995 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Building – Mark 54 Warehouse
- 1994 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Rehab Project – Tropical Sportswear International Corporation
- 1993 NAIOP Outstanding Industrial Building- Ferguson Enterprises Inc.
- 1993 NAIOP Outstanding Rehab Project – Montgomery Ward Distribution Center